hard disk install broken?

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 14:33:52 UTC 2008

> That then asks for the partition and directory, I pick the
> partition from the list and type the directory name in the
> text field, but after going through all this 4 or 5 times
> and verifying the directory names, it never works.
>
> It always tells me it can't find any iso images in the location
> I specified.

Yeah, what's going on here is that the dialog really wants you to
specify the location where a stage2.img can be found, not where the ISO
images themselves are.  I bet if you (1) put a stage2.img into the
directory with your ISO images or (2) boot off the boot.iso and use
repo=hd:<partition>:<dir>, it'll work like you want it to.

I need to decide what to do here.

- Chris