yum -y update kdepim gave Transaction Check Error

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Aug 12 22:03:48 UTC 2008

yunusf9 tester <yunus.tji.nyan <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Have anybody found the same problem as mine?

You have to update everything, not just some packages.

>   file /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/actions/kalarm.png from install
> of kdepim-3.5.9-10.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> crystalsvg-icon-theme-4.0.3-3.fc9.x86_64
etc.

-> You have to update at least kdelibs3 for that. There's a kdelibs3 build
which obsoletes the crystalsvg-icon-theme which was built from kdeartwork 4
(because the crystalsvg in current versions of kdeartwork is no longer
compatible with KDE 3). As the crystalsvg in kdelibs3 doesn't include those
kdepim icons, we readded them to kdepim. So the packages have to be upgraded
together.

>   file /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/kipi.png from install of
> kdegraphics-4.1.0-3.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> libkipi-0.1.5-4.fc9.x86_64
etc.

-> You have to update at least libkipi for that one, for similar reasons.
(kdegraphics now includes a KDE 4 version of libkipi, and the conflicting icons
were removed from the KDE 3 libkipi.) Please do a complete yum update from the
stable updates before trying KDE 4.1 from testing.

        Kevin Kofler