Anaconda crach when upgrading from FC7 to FC9.

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Aug 18 16:17:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 08:35:16AM +0200, Francis SOUYRI wrote:
> ... I remember I have a similar problem during an earlier
> upgrade (FC6 -> FC7 or FC3 -> FC5). I thinks it is necessary to use the
> same language for an upgrade than the system upgraded.

Was this reported somewhere?  I would imagine that anaconda should
at least handle that more gracefully than with a crash; especially
when Unicode is in use.

I am not sure if "the same language" is always well defined.  Is
this something from the current /etc/sysconfig/i18n or the language
of the original installation?  The later you may not know.

   Michal