smartd spamming about Prefailure Attribute: 1

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:54:46 UTC 2008

Hey all,
Attached is a bunch of messages I'm receiving from smartd about
prefailure attribute and usage
attribute for both of my internal drives.  I'm wondering if these
drives are both dying, or if smartd
is misbehaving.  I'm not really familiar with smart, so any clues
would be helpful.
Anyone else seeing excessive messages out of smartd?

rawhide
kernel-2.6.25-0.82.rc3.git2.fc9.i686
smartmontools-5.37-8.5.fc9.i386

----