Rawhide experience and comments 23 March

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 22:28:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Mike <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:

>  So the main area where I see there is a lot of work yet to complete is
>  with KDE4. Does anyone have their own lists of where work/testing is
>  needed.

Install testing is always wonderful.  Anaconda doesn't get a lot of
testing from general users, since they just use it once and forget
about it (it is the installer, after all :) ).  But there's a myriad
of different things that it can do and is dependent upon, so it needs
some serious QA love (which it generally gets).  I try to do an
install a day to keep the doctor away :) (sometimes even more than
that).  Snake makes this really easy and able to be reproduced.

One thing that we didn't really get time for in Beta that we would
have loved to is verification of the installed pieces.  For instance,
in a default desktop install, does everything work and sustain a basic
click-through test without crashing?  Are the components of the panel
working as they should be?