Rawhide experience and comments 23 March

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:29:35 UTC 2008

Jon Stanley <jonstanley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> One thing that we didn't really get time for in Beta that we would
> have loved to is verification of the installed pieces.  For instance,
> in a default desktop install, does everything work and sustain a basic
> click-through test without crashing?  Are the components of the panel
> working as they should be?

Yesterday was the first time I did not get any crashes in the series of
things I normally "click through" as you say - so there has certainly
been a lot of fixes recently. One good thing is that my GB keyboard is now
recognised after the evdev removal. I did have to add two lines to xorg.conf
to get the touchpad to work - but this is documented in bz. I guess that
this will be fixed at some point so that the necessary xorg.conf is
auto-generated.

I have not used snake - perhaps I should look into that!