F9Beta - no session selector, no updates available

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:38:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Gerry Tool <gerrytool at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed F9 Beta from the DVD.  The login window shows no way
>  to select a KDE session,

The session selection for GDM is in the bottom bar of the login
screen.  Threw me for a bit too until I stepped back and looked at the
whole screen :)

> and unbelievably, the Update System app says
>  there are no updates available.  I understand that development
>  continued after the freeze, so where are the updates?

There are updates a-plenty.  You may have an out-of-date mirror.  The
easiest way to tell is to find which mirror you are using, then 'yum
install snake'.  After that, you can use 'snake-tree info <url>'  and
it will tell you what the .discinfo file says about the date of the
compose.