touchpad tap status in F11 pre-release?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Apr 29 13:38:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 09:26:19AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:37:55AM -0400, Jason Farrell wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > *post-login*. To re-enable tap2click for KDE, XFCE, other WMs, and system-wide
> > (including gdm), users are expected to manually copy /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/
> > 20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ as root, and then
> > uncomment (correctly) the TapButton settings.
> >
> > (I do wish the tap2click default would stop flipflopping)
>
> Thanks for that information.  It doesn't seem to be working properly for
> me, but I suspect I missed a comment or something and will play with it
> later.

To reply to my own email, I see what happened--they reversed it in
10-synaptics--they had TapButton2 equalling 3 and TapButton3 equalling
2.

I don't know if that's standard or not, but at any rate, fixed it and
all is good.

Thanks again.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Faith: When I'm fighting, it's like the whole world goes
away. I only know one thing: that I'm gonna win, and they're gonna
lose. I like that feeling.
Buffy: Well sure, beats that 'dead' feeling you get when they win
and you lose.