Re: Dependency checking running for over an hour in -- anyone?

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 11:44 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> Doesn't anyone have any ideas about this?
>
> It is taking between 1.5 and 2 yours for the checking dependencies
> portion of a new install to run before the actual installation takes
> place.  All installs were fresh with method=http:// etc, etc.  Two were
> on a local mirror and one was on kojipkgs.
>
> Is it the method= methodology that is at fault?
>
> Please, someone, provide some insight.  If none, please point me in some
> direction to diagnose what is going on.  I know that F12 alpha DVD will
> be a good verification of methodology.

You're not giving us any useful details, like what package set was
selected, how long it takes using the same repos to depsolve the same
set of packages in a chroot, how "local" your local mirror is, etc...

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!