Rebasing F9 bugs..

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 4 17:28:19 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Are statistics available about how many of the automatically closed bugs
> stay closed? How many of them have not seen any reponse at all from the
> assignee?

Well, lazy, overworked or AWOL assignees are their own issue, but in that
case having the bug open forever with no action won't help much either,
somebody needs to initiate the non-responsive maintainer policy.

I definitely reopen and rebase bugs if they get closed WONTFIX, but I know
they're still there. I think most active maintainers will do that, if they
don't, they ought to! But if we can't reproduce the issue, we can only
assume it's fixed unless the reporter says it's still there. We have no
other way to close issues which have been open for ages and were never
reproducible by anybody other than the reporter, who vanished. There needs
to be a point at which such bugs expire, and the distro version's EOL date
is a good time for that.

        Kevin Kofler