Please help smoke test Fedora 11 installation! - dmraid

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu May 21 20:31:20 UTC 2009

> Hi, everyone! As you no doubt are aware, we're getting close to the
> final release of Fedora 11. For anyone who has the time, it would be
> really useful to get some final smoke testing of the installer. If you
> have some spare time and disk space - either on a real system, or a
> virtual one - please take an hour or two to run an installation of
> Rawhide, using the network installation method, and make sure it
> completes without any really serious problems. We're particularly
> interested in problems at the partitioning stage, since the storage
> rewrite was the biggest and most problematic change in the installer for
> Fedora 11.
>
> Even if you have a slow connection and don't have time to complete the
> installation, you can get to and through the partitioning stage
> relatively quickly, and that's very valuable testing (we need to test it
> on as many different disks, layouts, LVM / RAID setups etc as possible).
>
> If you do encounter any problems, please file a bug, but also mail the
> list so the bug can be reviewed to see if it should go onto the blocker
> list for final release. At this point we're mostly looking for really
> serious stuff, and regressions from the preview release in particular.
> Official guidance from the Anaconda folks: "Any bugs introduced since
> F-11-Beta that also are data corrupters, panics, failures to install in
> "reasonable" configuration"
>
> There's a test matrix on the Wiki where you can report results:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_11_RC_Install_Test_Results
>
> It works backwards to most test day setups: instead of you looking at
> the test cases and picking which to run, you should just run an install,
> and if you hit problems, look through the list of test cases to figure
> out which one it's appropriate to send your report to. Hopefully the
> list of test cases covers all scenarios :)

Anyone have access to dmraid storage hardware?  I'm interested to know
how the latest anaconda looks in a dmraid storage setup.

If you have any experiences to share, please drop them into the wiki
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_11_RC_Install_Test_Results#Storage_Devices) under the dmraid test case [1] or feel free to reply here.

Thanks,
James

[1]