Help! I can't unsuspend from disk.

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 05:53:29 UTC 2009

I use kde4, in case that is relevant, with f12.

I decided not to turn the computer off, instead
selected suspend to disk.

Later, when I got back, I pressed the power button and
hoped that my session would be resumed.

Instead, a black and white version of the grub menu
appears, but not one using grub.conf. It does not have
any options at all and does not recognize any
partitions or kernels. It is impossible to boot the
computer into any installed operating system from any
partition.

How do I break out of/cancel suspend to disk (I think
this is called pm-hibernate) and simply boot the
computer normally?