I want to start Bug Triagging for HAL

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 21:01:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 07:22 +0530, Ratnadeep Debnath wrote:
> @Sonaguy
>
> Hi,
> I have gone through the list of components for triagging, and I want to start
> triagging for HAL. I would like to know if there are any tips or
> special requests
> regarding bug triagging hal.

it may not be the best component to start with, since it's rapidly being
obsoleted in favour of other things (udev, devicekit-power,
devicekit-disks).

If you still want to work on it, I'd suggest you talk to David Zeuthen -
davidz on IRC - about how he'd like you to handle it. He's the developer
and so he should be able to tell you what kind of info he needs on bugs
and so on. One thing that's often needed is the HAL console log, which
you get by killing the normal running hald process and running hald from
a console as root, with this command:

hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes

then reproducing whatever the problem is, and pasting all the messages
that the console hald process prints.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey