Intel Mac Mini Audio does not work

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 02:17:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 20:06 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> I've recently inherited an older Intel Mac Mini (Intel guts, not
> NVIDIA). I installed F11 i386 on it and then upgraded to the F12 beta
> (2.6.31.1-56.fc12.i686.PAE), but I can't seem to get audio to work properly.
>
> I created /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and put in it:
>
> options snd-hda-intel model=macmini
>
> That didn't make anything work, but it seems correct.
>
> I've attached the info from an alsa-info.sh run.
>
> When I run aplay, it seems to playback (it runs for the duration it
> should), but no audio is coming out of either of the analog ports on the
> back (I don't have any digital audio equipment to test the digital port).
>
> Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Try model=auto as well as the options suggested by Johann and Stephen.
If no model= options seem to do the trick, try poking around with the
mixer: alsamixer -c0 . Also, run gnome-volume-control , go to the
Hardware tab, and tell us what Profile is selected for the device.

Thanks!

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey