[Fedora-trans-ar] Our beloved qamoose

Mohammad Ghoniem Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Thu Dec 9 15:45:34 UTC 2004

Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:

>Mostly it is because it uses HTML encodings ??
>Try to check the source of the page, and see if your words are in true
>characters, or other hex code.

You got it right. When HTML encodings are used, the entries display
correctly independantly of the encoding. When true characters are used,
we face problems.

The options we have seem to be the following :
1- Everyone sends UTF-8 true characters and the glossary pages indicate
that encoding in their html header.
2- Everyone sends HTML entities to be always readable.

More concretely, if you are using mozilla firefox :
1- set your page encoding to UTF-8, when you post an entry it will be
sent in UTF-8.
2- set your page encoding to iso-8859-1, you will be sending HTML entities.

If you are using IE, find a solution and share it with us. :)

Maybe we should vote for one solution and ask all contributors to stick
to it.

salâms

Mohammad