[Fedora-trans-ar] Text Mode Installation - Arabic Support (Was: Modules To Translate)

Sherif Abdelgwad sabdelg at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 14:21:06 UTC 2004

> I would say that bicon and the slang solutions are not competitors, as
> they provide solutions to different problems. At least in its current
> form, bicon will not totally replace s-lang support of unicode. However,
> they will both benefit from coordination.
>
> The plan is to get bicon and slang support packaged for FC4. S-lang will
> get there easily if the work is pushed upstream, bicon needs a bit more
> work. Interestingly, I can't find any 'upstream' for the newt package
> which is used by anaconda and uses slang. Anybody aware of where that
> is?
>
> More on this later..

I would like to mention that Jermy (Anaconda Maintainer) marked Arabic
as no Text mood installation due to the issue we are talking about here.

I am not sure if we should address this here or more appropriate on
Bugzilla, I tend to suggest to have this discussion with Jermy and other
Engineers in Bugzilla so we can fix it right.

Thanks

Sherif