[Fedora-trans-ar] Glossary - release / version

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Wed Nov 17 01:32:49 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 04 Shawwal 1425 00:39, Sherif Abdelgwad wrote:
> > > Taking this I would say Version is اصدار and Release is نسخة
> >
> > Sherif may I suggest that we exchange it so that
> > Version نسخة
> > Release إصدار
> >
> > It conforms better with the dictionaries I have at hand.
>
> What the other people here think after clearing the meaning of version
> and release ?

One reason of this suggestion is to facilitate the verb form of release.
Example:
cvs/translate/specspo/dist/ar.po:"These fonts have been released under a
liberal license"

better be

تم إصدار هذه الخطوط ...
than trying to derive a verb from نسخة

;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA