[Fedora-trans-ar] Glossary - release / version

Sherif Abdelgawad sabdelg at redhat.com
Wed Nov 17 12:54:45 UTC 2004

> One reason of this suggestion is to facilitate the verb form of release.
> Example:
> cvs/translate/specspo/dist/ar.po:"These fonts have been released under a
> liberal license"
>
> better be
>
> تم إصدار هذه الخطوط ...
> than trying to derive a verb from نسخة

That will put us back to "Translate to convey the meaning rather 1-1
translation".
I did suggest that before because a lot of words would have to be changed in
arabic depending on the context. So I would we translate depending on the
context, and make sure to convey the right meaning regardless of the
accurate
word to word translation.

Sherif