[Fedora-trans-ar] Glossary - release / version

Sherif Abdelgawad sabdelg at redhat.com
Wed Nov 17 13:08:36 UTC 2004

> Munzir has clarified it in his previous email, we can use the arabic verb
> of
> release in the right context, while we can't do the same with version,
> hence
> the translation of release should be اصدار
> IMHO
>>
>> salâm
>>
>> Mohammad

In the numbering of packages , in this context, it is minor number and it is
not the final release of a product.
I agree that in saying "The latest release of OOo ...." to be "Akher esdarah
men el OOo"

But specifically on the RPM pkgs numbering, release here is the minor
number. Cannot be "esdara" here!

Sherif