[Fedora-trans-ar] Glossary - release / version

maha helwa mahahelwa at gmx.net
Thu Nov 18 03:08:16 UTC 2004

> Sherif Abdelgawad wrote:
>
> > In the numbering of packages , in this context, it is minor number and
> > it is not the final release of a product.
> > I agree that in saying "The latest release of OOo ...." to be "Akher
> > esdarah men el OOo"
> >
> > But specifically on the RPM pkgs numbering, release here is the minor
> > number. Cannot be "esdara" here!
>
> Okay okay, capito. :-)
>
> You guys pick/vote for the proper translation, and I will stick to it.
>
> salâm

As far as i get from your discussion and from my skim-reading to your 60
emails..

In any context belongs to packag numbering:
- version: any major changes in any package.. "2sdar"
إصدار
- release: any minor changes in any package..which in arabic would be
نسخة "noskhah" or
تعديل "ta3deel"

otherwise in any other context..the normal translation version is "noskhah"
and release is "2sdar"

am i right? :)

Maha

--
Curiosity killed the CAT :)

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++