[Fedora-trans-ar] a correction is needed for some files

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Fri Oct 1 01:45:47 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Khamees 15 Sha`ban 1425 20:14, Hicham Amaoui wrote:
> Munzir Taha wrote:
> >the free.fr domain is blocked here so I couldn't understand what problem
> > does the shadda make. Will you please send me this .png file by mail? I
> > want to check whethere we need to file a bug somewhere.
>
> I've sent it to you privately. Fixing the translation fix the problem.

Thanks for the images. Now, don't you think we need to file a bug somewhere?
Can you do this test, please.

Change the translation of File to anything else say إضبارة and test with this
new translation. If the menu also duplicates, this means it's a generic bug
and it's not a matter of SHADDAH but we are restricted to translate it
exactly to something forced  by another file/lib. I am not familiar with GTK
but in kde all those File, Edit, ... menu's should be derived from kdelibs
and you don't need to translate them in every application. Just once and for
all. If only SHADDAH will produce this bug, it would be funny and hardly
believable that SHADDAH duplicate menu's instead of letters ;)

Waiting eagerly for your response!

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA