[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Arabic issue #1: QSpinBox doen't work properly with Arabic locale

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Mon Apr 18 09:52:53 UTC 2005

Hi Cuters',
Hi Lars,

Previously I have filed around 35 bugs regarding Arabic/BiDi support in Qt.
Some of them have thankfully been fixed completely or partially but many are
not. I understand that Cuters' can't afford the resources to comment every
time they fixed a bug but I am also afraid some would skip them
unintentionally. I could go through the unfixed ones one by one if this won't
be considered redundancy and a pollution to the list. Or I could save this
time to file more bugs ;).

For example Arabic issue #1...

Qt 4.0.0-rc1-snapshot-20050417
Mandriva release 10.2 (Beta 1)  10.1 2.6.10-1mdk i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64
Processor 3200+ GNU/Linux

> > I can reproduce this. We'll look into fixing it.

Still the date is corrupted. It appears as:

الأحد %.1d Apr 2005
The odd thing here is that % and the 'd'

The time is also messes. It appears as
%.1H:08:21

I think this could be a problem in the SA locale (not related to Qt) since
LC_ALL=ar_EG.UTF-8 ./spinboxes displays properly

but I am not sure since
# LC_ALL=ar_SA.UTF-8 date
Mon Apr 18 12:37:50 AST 2005
which shows no problem here!

So I get lost. Hope those hints would help to resolve it.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs project page at
http://www.arabic-fedora.org/munzir/OpenBugs.html
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA