[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Trademarks & Translations.. How about service, servers, deamons and realms' names...

Maha Helwa ms.helwa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:55:35 UTC 2005

Hmmm.. am sorry i don't send one email once with all i want to say..
Here is a definition specifically for "kerberos realm" seems that it's all
one term can not be separated.. maybe there no technical term called
"realm"; i mean like deamon..

[Source: theFreeDictionary.com;
http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com]
An access control system that was developed at MIT in the 1980s. Turned over
to the IETF for standardization in 2003, it was designed to operate in both
small companies and large enterprises with multiple domains and
authentication servers. The Kerberos concept uses a "master ticket" obtained
at logon, which is used to obtain additional "service tickets" when a
particular resource is required.

*Kerberos Checks Passwords Once*
When users log on to a Kerberos system, their password is encrypted and sent
to the authentication service in the Key Distribution Center (KDC). If
successfully authenticated, the KDC creates a master ticket that is sent
back to the user's machine. Each time the user wants access to a service,
the master ticket is presented to the KDC in order to obtain a service
ticket for that service. The master-service ticket method keeps the password
more secure by sending it only once at logon. From then on, service tickets
are used, which function like session keys.
[is the session keys value is something like a flag telling the KDC: Hey am
a VIP let me in :))]

*From the Greeks [Good to know]*
The name comes from Greek mythology in which a three-headed dog guards the
gates to Hades (Hades is the home of the dead beneath the earth, otherwise
known as hell).

So, it's an access control system, used to check the password only
once..it's authentication system.. maybe special one..I would suggest
something like this: "Kerberos Realm نظام التوثيق"