[Fedora-trans-ar] Do we have any Web Developers within?

sabdelg at redhat.com sabdelg at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 17:30:47 UTC 2005

$SUBJECT

I have noticed that we have a lot of ppl here. Some of them shy to speak. A lot
with no experience with CVS and Linux at all. Yet, they would joined the
mailing list.

I was thinking for a way to get the shy people to participate in more effective
way without trying to educate them how to use CVS, and/or educate them how to
use Linux.

So here is what I am thinking about.

CVS Mirror to match what is on Red Hat translation servers. That will give us:

- Control over our members
- Update our Keys
- Better, and faster management
- Central update process

Now to my next idea as we gonna have our own CVS, and files available to us
on filesystem where the web interface has access to it.

I was wondering if we can develop something that parse all the CVS files, give
template form that allow ppl who has no experience to just fill in a form and
submit this translation.

The point here is:

- Need PHP to parse and format the forms
- PHP submit the changes to MySQL DB, waiting for Maintainer approval
- Maintainer check the translation and click approve, hence the updates
  goes to the PO files on the file system, and trigger a CVS sync to Red Hat
  Server.

So the question is: Do we have any PHP/MySQL developer here who can try to
accomplish the above?

Thanks

Sherif