[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Arabic issue #6: Harakat/Diacritics position is not correct.

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:43:45 UTC 2005

On Yaum al-Khamees 22 Muharram 1426 16:49, Lars Knoll wrote:

> > > This and issue #4 and #5 should be fixed with tonights snapshot.
> >
> > The position is still not correct. The situation now is that the HARAKAT
> > would not appear at all! Actually it's there but the HARAKA is now too
> > far from the letter that you can't see it if it's on the first line of a
> > top-aligned text. I would appear +/-1 line above/below the letter!
> >
> > Doesn't Qt supports OpenType? Shouldn't the position of HARAKAT be
> > extracted from the OpenType font tables?
>
> Well it does, and it should work fine for fonts that have open type
> positioning tables. For fonts that don't have positioning tables we
> actually do the work ourselves, and this positioning in Qt had a bug I
> fixed today.
>
> So please try tonight's (or any later) snapshot, the issue should hopefully
> be gone now :)

I tried with Qt: 4.0.0-b2-snapshot-20050306 and still the bug is not fixed! I
just did it like this:

        QApplication::setFont(QFont("Tahoma", 72));
        QTextEdit *text = new QTextEdit(trUtf8("عَرَبِي"));

The HARAKAT are still too high above the letter or too low below it.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs Wiki page at
http://arabic-fedora.org/
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA