[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Arabic issue #6: Harakat/Diacritics position is not correct.

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 3 13:49:08 UTC 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 08:00, Munzir Taha wrote:
> On Yaum al-Arbi'a 29 Thu al-Hijjah 1425 7:28 pm, Lars Knoll wrote:

> > > This bug is still valid with snapshot
> > > Qt Version: qt-x11-opensource-4.0.0-b2-snapshot-20050131
> >
> > This and issue #4 and #5 should be fixed with tonights snapshot.
>
> The position is still not correct. The situation now is that the HARAKAT
> would not appear at all! Actually it's there but the HARAKA is now too far
> from the letter that you can't see it if it's on the first line of a
> top-aligned text. I would appear +/-1 line above/below the letter!
>
> Doesn't Qt supports OpenType? Shouldn't the position of HARAKAT be
> extracted from the OpenType font tables?

Well it does, and it should work fine for fonts that have open type
positioning tables. For fonts that don't have positioning tables we actually
do the work ourselves, and this positioning in Qt had a bug I fixed today.

So please try tonight's (or any later) snapshot, the issue should hopefully be
gone now :)

Cheers,
Lars