[Fedora-trans-ar] arabic-fedora.org on Orbit TV channel

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Wed Mar 23 12:25:54 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 03:03, Maha Helwa wrote:
> That's great Munzir.. you are the most active person here..
> Although i didn't see it yet..am still downloading the file..
> wondering what did u said about us..and was the inteview going?!
> I think it's easier to speak out in interview with one or two rather
> than being in public or give a seminar and being under spot and see
> ppl reactions intermediatly..but it would be easier if u don't see ur
> audiance... was it that simple ?! :)

They told me about the whole thing some hours before the interview. They told
me it's live so I can't even cough! They also told me not to speak bad about
M$ which is my favorite hobby. How can I then populate Linux and spread the
word? We should make a PROVA (not sure how to spell this?) or test but the
interviewer has a death of a friend or relative that he came late and there
was no time to test. Better still, he is experienced enough to ask me on the
fly some questions I didn't expect. Surely, being an instructor helped me to
absorb most of these things ;)

> But for sure it's nice experience to you.. congrat.. :))
>
> Have you called ppl to come over here and particpate in the
> translation ? How much time left by now

Yes, but may be I could say it better. I even couldn't introduce myself as the
maintainer here. He didn't gave me a chance to do this. The most funny thing
about the meeting happened when I told him we need to run a test since this
is my first time. His reply surprised me. He told me it's the first time,
too, being in front of the camera and I need not worry about it. Lator on, I
discovered he was cheating to calm me down ;) Don't know how he guessed I
never watched Orbit before :0

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs project page at
http://www.arabic-fedora.org/munzir/OpenBugs.html
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA