[Fedora-trans-ar] foss.org.sa a work in progress ....

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 21:28:57 UTC 2006

Salaamu alaikum,
One of the reasons I am very busy the previous period is to help with a
promising project initiated by KACST (King Abdulaziz City for Science and
Technology) that adds to our Arabization efforts. The project intention is to
help in development and translation of FOSS. They are looking forward to
cooperate with the Fedora arabization project as a priority and a start. It's
also important to note that the discussions of Fedora translation and issues
would be on this mailing list to keep things relevant.

We have put the anaconda file on the translation sub project on
translate.foss.org.sa (رابط الترجمة الفورية في الصفحة الرئيسية) It's just one
file now to test the system. I would also be busy the coming days helping the
friedel, pootle main developer, in rtl issues so pootle would fully support
Arabic interface. Expect it very soon ...

I would also appreciate it if you took a look at
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/translation/arabic_plurals
and commented whether you agree on those rules. A step towards a better
translation.

I am looking forward to hear your advice. The site has almost no valuable
content yet since we haven't started any projects yet so bear with us and
things would improve gradually.
--
Munzir Taha