Fedora 12 Translation Team Schedule

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 20:56:42 UTC 2009

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel said the following on 07/28/2009 04:48 AM
Pacific Time:
> John Poelstra wrote:
>> Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel said the following on 07/22/2009 11:01
>> PM Pacific Time:
>>
>> <cut>
>>

> Thanks John for looking into this, otherwise the suggestions were almost
> lost in the threads. :)
>
> I refer this schedule:
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-docs-and-trans-tasks.html
> in my reply.
>
>>> * For software localization
>>> - We have got 42 days for translation before package rebuild starts.
>>> Is it possible to split this translation task in two phases
>>> (Translation - 30 days and Review - 12 days)? If we split it this way
>>> and put the package rebuild step between these two tasks, FLP members
>>> will get a chance to test and review Fedora packages on their local
>>> machine and can provide a better localization during the Review
>>> period. So, the concern here is to concentrate on *review* of Fedora
>>> software applications.
>>> - Another important thing is, we (FLP members) are most of the time
>>> clueless whether our translations has got in or not. We get to know
>>> only after the package rebuilds, if we find time on thorough testing.
>>> So, how about having some automated mechanism to notify FLP team that
>>> their translations has been included in the latest package rebuild?
>>> This could be done if we setup some automation that can send a
>>> notification e-mail to fedora-trans-announce list *at the end of the
>>> package rebuild period* that abc, xyz packages has been rebuilt in
>>> the period from *start package rebuild* to *end package rebuild*.
>>>

>> Changed.  Let me know if something is wrong.
>
> Well, I was expecting task 19 and 20 to be *repeated* somewhere between
> task 5 and 11. Basically, I want the package rebuilds to happen before
> we start to review software translations, then only there is a point in
> dividing the translation task into Translation and Review.

I'm still not following.

Forgive me if I tweaked something that threw off the task numbers...
task 19 and 20 is:
Translate Final Release Banners (POT to PO) and Translation Deadline:
Website

The best way for me to update/change the schedule is for you tell me
explicitly what the tasks names are and what their dates should be (even
if it repeats other parts of the schedule).

Thanks,
John