[Fedora-websites-list] Re: Fedora Websites Agenda

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 20:21:51 UTC 2005

Hi

> Hello All, "Kind of Blue" the new Fedoraproject.org theme was designed
> by Diana
> (Fong) of Redhat. I think that we should consult Diana with any redesign
> such as the placement of the 'Parent' links. I am not sure if she is
> subscribed to the list but can someone check that?

I subscribed her to this list precisely for such discussions.

> I am currently working with Diana to implement a generic front page. A
> mockup is at http://www.isity.net/temp/reformat.png . We may need to
> have a different CSS for the front page because I am having a hard time
> incorporating it in the limited functionality design functionality that
> wiki gives.

Thank you for your work.

Having a wiki as frontpage but one that looks elegant is kind of hard
but this mockup is a nice start . Dropping the "Get Fedora" title might
be good.

Patrick Barnes , can we get your patch to hide the sidebar for users not
logged in, included in the wiki implementation?.  More people relate
"Development" to coding. Maybe that can be calling Participating or
Community instead to emphasize on other forms of contributions too.

If we get the sidebar hidden by default, would it be possible to arrange
the links to be something other than a straight list?. Also many links
that are present in the current frontpage http://fedoraproject.org seems
to be missing in your mockup. Is that intentional?

regards
Rahul