Websites running on Drupal

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Nov 12 21:42:04 UTC 2005

Hi

>At the risk of sounding like I'm measuring dicks:
>
>Thomas, how long have you been a system and/or security administrator?
>
>Are you willing to watch drupal, maintain the package, and audit ALL of
>the modules that we decide to use?
>
>Are you a php programmer, even?
>
>In other words - who is expecting to do the work here? B/c if the drupal
>site is going to run on fedoraproject.org and you're expecting me to
>monitor and watch the drupal devel process for problems or security
>alerts you have another thing coming.

Peace everyone. I am going to repeat the same suggestion. If the cms
needs to be run within fedoraproject.org it has already been made clear
that Seth doesnt want a PHP based solution due to security concerns from
a administrative point of view. Python is generally what Fedora prefers
too.  So we can look at the python based CMS and check which one fits
our needs or just set a redirect from news.fedoraproject.org to
fedoranews.org and let Thomas Chung continue to administrate and setup
Drupal or anything else that he prefers.

Any other suggestions?

regards
Rahu