Websites running on Drupal

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoranews.org
Sat Nov 12 22:54:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:35:47 -0500, seth vidal wrote
> Thomas, how long have you been a system and/or security administrator?
>
> Are you willing to watch drupal, maintain the package, and audit ALL of
> the modules that we decide to use?
>
> Are you a php programmer, even?
>
> In other words - who is expecting to do the work here? B/c if the drupal
> site is going to run on fedoraproject.org and you're expecting me to
> monitor and watch the drupal devel process for problems or security
> alerts you have another thing coming.
>
> -sv

It's not just me and you who will make the decision. I'm just throwing my ideas and
recommendation. We should consider *all* recommendations from *all* us then put it on
vote as we are living in a democratic world.  I don't want to see a *single* individual
make all the decisions for *all* of us.

As for my website, I'm going with Drupal for next CMS. Yes, I'm going to maintain the
package and audit the modules on my server.

No, I'm not a PHP programer and I probably don't have as much experience as you do.

(breathing a moment)

Perhaps, we started in wrong foot. All I wanted and the primary reason to join Fedora
WebGroup was to help develop/maintain Fedora Community Website. I'm not really
interested in *system administration* of fedoraproject.org

I'll step aside for now so *real* system administrators can make the decision. I'll
accept whatever CMS as a WebGroup decides.
--
Thomas Chung
FedoraNEWS.ORG (http://fedoranews.org)