fedora-websites-list reply address

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 12:58:36 UTC 2005

> Thomas Chung wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I just noticed that "fedora-websites-list at redhat.com" is not the default reply address
> >for this list.
> >
> >I think it should.
> >
> >Anyone agree with me on this matter? Say "Aye" or "Nay" :)
> >

> Aye!, IMO no voting is necessary to do sensible things like this. Just do it

My -1 was implied by the fact that I intentionally set up the list to
have no munging.

It is more than just MHO that munging is wrong and harmful.  I'll leave
the googling to you, but many smart and wise people agree that "munging
reply-to is considered harmful."

I don't like lowering standards of behavior to match stupid practices.
The default should be to do no harm.  Accidentally sending to one person
v. a list is easy to fix.  Accidentally sending to a list instead of one
person is not so easy to fix.  Especially when private thoughts are
archived publicly.

That said, if no one turns up to back up this position, oh well.  I'll
let the consensus have enough rope to hang itself with.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide