time to retire f.r.c?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 23:57:34 UTC 2005

We've touched upon the idea of retiring fedora.redhat.com and putting
all of our content work on fedoraproject.org.  Here are the salient
points, as I grok them:

* f.r.c is a static page or three that gives an appropriate message
and/or redirect to fp.o

* The build system that makes the /docs portion work needs to be i)
ported over or ii) rewritten in Python.

* Could we have the PHP building done inside a firewall and content
grabbed from another CVS repo by fp.o/docs?  As an interim solution
until the includes are Pythonified.

* Rewriting of content on f.r.c can happen concurrently with figuring
out how to move over to fp.o.

* What about _not_ having the Wiki be the front page to fp.o?  Then we
could have free reign with design.  It can have a newsfeed section or
two to keep things lively, but even a better splash page than what we
have until the $PYTHON_CMS arrives from the sky.

Ready or not ...

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject