time to retire f.r.c?

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Nov 16 16:46:01 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
>> Well, I wanted to bring this back up because of the problems we've had
>> using the Wiki as the front page, in terms of layout.
>>
>> It was definitely the right move to make it the front page.  It keeps it
>> within the engine of content delivery, which is not a CMS but is
>> starting smell like one.  The html.py could also be a good idea, same
>> idea of all-one back-end with more flexibility.
>>
>> I'll let Patrick weigh in here, as one person who has been feeling this
>> pain.
>>

> So are we decided we want html.py as a parser module and then the front
> page can be whatever?
>
> -sv

I think that's the idea.  HTML will allow quite a bit more flexibility
than what we have now.  It would also be nice if we could get the
sidebar-hiding patch in.  As we prepare to add external news feeds or
other dynamic information, we may need to add other small plugins to get
the job done, but hopefully we can avoid using too many other patches.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

www.n-man.com