time to retire f.r.c?

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 17:25:27 UTC 2005

I think it's a given at some point that we're retiring f.r.c.  But there's
still work to be done maintaining it, for now.

What we MUST do:

1. Identify static content that should not change much.  Why?  Because we
need to translate it into every language on Earth.  The more this content
changes, the more difficult that will be to achieve realistically.

2. Actually translate it.

These first two items needed to happen a long time ago.  They're happening
now.  For right now, they're happening on f.r.c.  Long-term, I don't care
where this content goes, or what form it's maintained in -- so long as
it's fairly static and easily translatable.

And then:

3. Better design.

4. Figure out where this content will live.

The problem we've been having is that we've been waiting for 4. to be
resolved before working on 1. and 2.  We're not doing that anymore.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan