Fedora i18n coordination

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 12:25:30 UTC 2005

2005/11/19, Stuart Ellis <stuart at elsn.org>:
> Sidenote: We don't get much feedback from users on documents, beyond a
> very small number of bug reports, and a few private e-mails. I
> personally don't have a clear picture of how the material is being used,
> or how useful it is, because data points are too few. The only
> generalisations I'd make are that the feedback items that I've seen are
> typically from people with some level of Linux experience, and a fair
> proportion seem to work in institutions (academia, research, military),
> but that probably partly reflects the types of people most likely to
> give feedback.

When I'm translating the document I do see a lot of places that need
to be fixed or modified, but after I have translated them I'm tired of
work. I think I need some push, :p

Talking about users, readers, "users don't read." and they are more
interested in finishing their works insteaded of commit bugs. Part of
the reason that I do translations is because I want to be more
familiar with the documents. If I just "read" them, I can easily
ignore any thing important, and I won't do carefully reviews or
spellchecks at all. In fact I'm not a good student :)

I think there should be another group called re-viewers or so. When I
have posted my translation, I have to require (or force) my best
friend Storm Lee to do the reviews. I don't expect to receive any
review idea from the others. Readers may not have spare time to do
reviews or don't want to bother to commit bugs, who knows.

--
bbbush ^_^