Fedora i18n coordination

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Sat Nov 19 13:57:11 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 20:25 +0800, Yuan Yijun wrote:

> When I'm translating the document I do see a lot of places that need
> to be fixed or modified, but after I have translated them I'm tired of
> work. I think I need some push, :p

For both docs and Wiki pages, I'm actually happy with a one line "this
looks wrong", and suggested text is a bonus. Bugzilla and patches are
developer tools, and IMO they are not a perfect fit for docs and web
sites as they require too much of the reader/user.

> Talking about users, readers, "users don't read." and they are more
> interested in finishing their works insteaded of commit bugs. Part of
> the reason that I do translations is because I want to be more
> familiar with the documents. If I just "read" them, I can easily
> ignore any thing important, and I won't do carefully reviews or
> spellchecks at all. In fact I'm not a good student :)

I write for a similar reason :) ...to learn how something works.

> I think there should be another group called re-viewers or so. When I
> have posted my translation, I have to require (or force) my best
> friend Storm Lee to do the reviews. I don't expect to receive any
> review idea from the others. Readers may not have spare time to do
> reviews or don't want to bother to commit bugs, who knows.

This probably ought to be discussed further on the docs or translation
lists - please do post your ideas. More reviewing would definitely be
good.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA