Fedora front page

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 18:52:06 UTC 2005

The following are my responses (with modified mockup) to the suggestions
made on this list during the last few days.

- "Get Fedora" should remain...it could link to the downloads page.  It
can also do with or without the period.  I was trying to find the email
with the argument against having the "." but can't seem to locate it. I
like it with "." It's also a statement/sentence and so the "." is not
too unreasonable...but it's not a major point and I can compromise to
leave it out...the important thing is to keep the title.  The "Get
Fedora" focuses the visitor's attention and is a clear "call to action"
of a good starting point.

- Move links to side...sure...if someone wants to come up with what the
groupings should be named.
- split screen below to news and development...*see mockup*
- search up top...yup
- "site navigation"...*see mockup for suggestion*
- justified text...i think we should continue to justify text.
- i had not included the top links in my previous mockup because I
thought they would just carry over to this iteration...however, if we
are to consolidate all the links to the right...what should we do with
those?...move them as well? and should we have a new category for those
links? *see mockup*

*mockup: http://www.isity.net/temp/FrontPageMod01.png

Diana