Wiki Translations (again)

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Thu Mar 9 12:58:48 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
>
>> Some suggestions:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HugoCisneiros/Prototypes/FedoraMainLanguage
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LuyaTshimbalanga/Prototypes/FedoraMainLanguage
>
> Since we are moving into a CMS system
> (http://fpserv.fedoraproject.org/), it would be better to wait till we
> get the system in place and talk about the interface changes after that.

I disagree. It's separated content, the translations are for the *wiki*,
so this translation menu will give reference to wiki's users,
independent of the CMS system (assuming that both will exist).

And IMO, as early as we get the people to access the wiki translations,
it would be better. Mainly because we don't know when the CMS system
will go official as the main portal... When it goes gold, we can put the
link menu in the CMS *and* in the Wiki index. I see no problems with this.

--
[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds