Wiki Translations (again)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 9 13:14:43 UTC 2006

Hugo Cisneiros wrote:

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
>>
>>> Some suggestions:
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HugoCisneiros/Prototypes/FedoraMainLanguage
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LuyaTshimbalanga/Prototypes/FedoraMainLanguage
>>

>> Since we are moving into a CMS system
>> (http://fpserv.fedoraproject.org/), it would be better to wait till
>> we get the system in place and talk about the interface changes after
>> that.
>

> I disagree. It's separated content, the translations are for the
> *wiki*, so this translation menu will give reference to wiki's users,
> independent of the CMS system (assuming that both will exist).

We dont even know how the wiki interface would look after the CMS system
is in the place. Obviously the wiki interface needs to be redesigned at
that point. All I am asking is for you to wait till we deploy the CMS
and then discuss about a revamp of the wiki page.

> And IMO, as early as we get the people to access the wiki
> translations, it would be better. Mainly because we don't know when
> the CMS system will go official as the main portal... When it goes
> gold, we can put the link menu in the CMS *and* in the Wiki index. I
> see no problems with this.

I didnt want to see work get wasted as we move into a CMS system. If you
believe thats not a issue, then go ahead.

--
Rahul