fc5 dvd on d.f.r.c

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 11 20:36:23 UTC 2006

On 5/11/06, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> two questions:
>
> download.fedora.redhat.com
> redhat.download.fedoraproject.org
>
> 1.  These point to the same IP address.  Why do they look different?  Can
> we streamline that?
>
> 2.  If I follow either of those links to:
>         /pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso/
> there's no DVD ISO.  Is that intentional?  The DVD is still available on
> mirrors.
>
> I've been hearing some confusion from folks looking for the DVD there, and
> I've been directing them to a mirror.  I was wondering if there's a reason
> why we have no DVD up on our official download site.
>
> Thanks,
> Max

This isn't an authoritative answer but it's my understanding it might
be a *limitation* of
apach or httpd with file size bigger 2GB well so any files over 2GB are hidden.

To download the DVD iso file, I normally recommend users to go to a ftp site.

For example:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso/
ftp://redhat.download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso/

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung