Copyright suggestion

Rahul sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 21:20:09 UTC 2006

Jonathan Steffan wrote:

>> Let's just get anything that's still useful off of f.r.c and kill the
>> darn thing.  I know I've suggested as much before, but I'm kinda tired
>> of this dual-site crap.
>>
>> Isn't everyone else?
>>
>> --Max

Yes.

> I'd like to see fpserv take over the job. However, there needs to be
> upgrades to the plone version and thus the python and zope versions. I
> don't know if it would be more a pain to get centos running the version
> of python needed or if it would just be easier to get a Fedora setup. So
> far I have (and so has Fedora Unity) found plone very useful. We would
> *need* CacheFu otherwise plone can get very slow at times. This means we
> should be using plone 2.5. I need to start some more discussion on the
> infrastructure-list. If anyone would like to join me, please do. I'm
> busy with work during the day today and will try to forge a good email
> to send to the list(s). f.r.c should die and I think plone should be the
> one to kill it. Just my $.02.
>
> Jon

I dont think Plone is a absolute requirement to turn off f.r.c. Many
project have been using just the wiki for a long time. We can provide a
better theme and organize content if necessary till we get Plone in
place. Infrastructure list seems to be a closed one anyway.  We will set
a deadline say before the FC6 general release for cutting off f.r.c. If
things happen better before that great. Otherwise we will deal with things.

Rahul