Copyright suggestion

Jonathan Steffan jonathansteffan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 21:09:26 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
>> On http://fedora.redhat.com and its subpages, the copyright notice at
>> bottom seems to change dates from section to section, usually without
>> reflecting reality (most of the pages were updated this year, for
>> example, so it probably should say (C) 2002-2006).
>>
>> Also, shouldn't the copyright say "(C) 2002-2006 Red Hat, Inc. and
>> others"?  That's how most other content and code is marked
>> distribution-wide, to reflect community contributions.  IIRC this was
>> the text approved by legal.  Can all these notices be condensed to one
>> include?
>
> Shouldn't we just turn off port 80 on fedora.redhat.com and point
> people at the darn wiki or plone at this point?
>
> only partially in jest.
>
> Let's just get anything that's still useful off of f.r.c and kill the
> darn thing.  I know I've suggested as much before, but I'm kinda tired
> of this dual-site crap.
>
> Isn't everyone else?
>
> --Max

I'd like to see fpserv take over the job. However, there needs to be
upgrades to the plone version and thus the python and zope versions. I
don't know if it would be more a pain to get centos running the version
of python needed or if it would just be easier to get a Fedora setup. So
far I have (and so has Fedora Unity) found plone very useful. We would
*need* CacheFu otherwise plone can get very slow at times. This means we
should be using plone 2.5. I need to start some more discussion on the
infrastructure-list. If anyone would like to join me, please do. I'm
busy with work during the day today and will try to forge a good email
to send to the list(s). f.r.c should die and I think plone should be the
one to kill it. Just my $.02.

Jon