Google Webmaster tools

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sun Jul 8 22:35:11 UTC 2007

O/H Mike McGrath έγραψε:

>> Besides sitemaps, these tools can help us in a variety of ways. It would be
>> useful for us to set it up for most of our domains (do we have a list of
>> all our websites?), and someone from our team to regularly check it for
>> errors, 404s  etc. It even sounds like a good task for a new member.
>>

> Well, all that needs to be done to set it up is put a blank file available
> from the domains.  If anyone is serious about it, I'm game.

So, if there are no security issues, a new member of the team who would like to
learn the ropes of our website management and get his hands dirty with something
that could prove useful could get this going. :)

We can start by creating a list on the wiki of the websites/domain we have and
how/where they get deployed, which is something I believe we should have anyway.

Then someone with access to Fedora's google account (is there one?) should add
the domains and give the list of the filenames that should be put in each domain
for verification.

If no one volunteers, I'll do it once I find some free time.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/