Google Webmaster tools

Eric Kerby eric at epkphoto.com
Sun Jul 8 23:17:41 UTC 2007

On Jul 8, 2007, at 6:35 PM, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> So, if there are no security issues, a new member of the team who
> would like to
> learn the ropes of our website management and get his hands dirty
> with something
> that could prove useful could get this going. :)
>
> We can start by creating a list on the wiki of the websites/domain
> we have and
> how/where they get deployed, which is something I believe we should
> have anyway.
>
> Then someone with access to Fedora's google account (is there one?)
> should add
> the domains and give the list of the filenames that should be put
> in each domain
> for verification.
>
> If no one volunteers, I'll do it once I find some free time.
>
> -d

  I'm somewhat familiar with Google's webmaster tools, so I'd be
willing to give this a go.

Step one is to create a wiki page to document this.  Is there a
particular place this page would fit (inside Websites or
Infrastructure)?  Otherwise, I'll take a look around and create a
page somewhere in hopes that it can be easily moved if needed.

As of now, I see that the page needs to contain a list of websites/
domains managed by the Fedora project, along with information about
them and the filenames of their corresponding google verification
files.  Since I certainly don't know about every site/domain Fedora
has, I'll set up the structure of the page and send an email for
people to fill in relevant info.

-epk

----
Eric Kerby