website suggestions

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 03:45:59 UTC 2007

> Hi
>

> * Add a link to the release schedule page
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Schedule) prominently in the website

Wiki is linked, it has 'collaborative knowledge.'  The schedule is part
of the collaborative process.  Let's just keep everything in that layer
and make sure that people know, "If you be looking for tygers and
schedules and trouts, Wiki be the place."  Then (re)organize the Wiki
front-page around community docs/collaborative knowledge/foo bar.

> * Add a security section and link to the GPG key and
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security

This could be a link in the footer that goes to fp.o/security.  I think
it is a good idea to make our security details more linked; more
google-juice == more trust in the current world.

For GPG key, which of these do you mean:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/RPM-GPG-KEY
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

There are six in all, on that mirror.

Something like this:

http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora/websites/static/F-7/security/

> * Add a icon and option highlighting Testing and QA as means for
> contributions in http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora.html

This actually stretches back to wiki/Join.

Do you really think testing/QA is excluded?

Has anyone complained?

FWIW, it wouldn't be hard to tag on a second line:

OS Developer
or QA/Testing

If you click through, the resulting description is inclusive of
QA/Testing:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join#OSDeveloper

> * Add http://get.fedoraproject.org as a easy url to point to users for
> downloading or getting it through other distribution channels.

To replace http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora.html?

What is the advantage?

I guess it somewhat matches with our host name being tied to function.
As long as it was the same thing as what is on get-fedora.html, that
shouldn't be hard to implement.

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project