website suggestions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 12 21:33:01 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 04:54 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>> * Add a link to the release schedule page
>> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Schedule) prominently in the website
>
> Wiki is linked, it has 'collaborative knowledge.'  The schedule is part
> of the collaborative process.  Let's just keep everything in that layer
> and make sure that people know, "If you be looking for tygers and
> schedules and trouts, Wiki be the place."  Then (re)organize the Wiki
> front-page around community docs/collaborative knowledge/foo bar.

Maybe but I get a see a lot of questions on when the next release is
going to be especially around a new release that just went away after
adding it in the front page of the wiki before. It is not as visible now
and i am not sure how much it is going to help to reorganize the front
page of the wiki now. Maybe you can link to it from the docs section?

> This could be a link in the footer that goes to fp.o/security.  I think
> it is a good idea to make our security details more linked; more
> google-juice == more trust in the current world.

Right. We got a number of unique security features which are good to
highlight better too.

> http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora/websites/static/F-7/security/

I meant the main key used to sign the release and packages. This is good
except that it should be security at fedoraproject.org instead of
@redhat.com.  Fedora has its own security team now.

  > This actually stretches back to wiki/Join.
>
> Do you really think testing/QA is excluded?
>
> Has anyone complained?

Yes. Folks did complain. See comments on Mo's blog when the mockup was
posted.  We should also highlight that you can donate via the Free Media
and Sponsored Media programs. There is a wiki page on this already which
you can link to.

> To replace http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora.html?

Yes.

> What is the advantage?
>
> I guess it somewhat matches with our host name being tied to function.
> As long as it was the same thing as what is on get-fedora.html, that
> shouldn't be hard to implement.

Right and a shorter easier url to remember is good. We did discuss and
agree on this before.

Rahul