Internet Explorer and Fedora website

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 16:11:44 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I doubt 33% of FPO's visitors use IE 5.5; in fact I would find it hard
> to believe 33% of that 33% use it. :) IE 5.5 is notorious for its
> security issues and rendering bugs and is very outdated at this point
> (I remember 'fixing' pages to play nice with IE 5.5 6 years ago.) I
> think supporting IE 6 and IE 7 only at this point is a quite
> reasonable rule of thumb and I think we've made a statement to this
> effect on this list before.

A test matrix for browsers wouldn't be a bad idea but it's totally in
our power to say "we don't support IE5.5" or simply not do anything.
One thing I like about open source is that stuff that doesn't need to
get done... often doesn't.  If someone doesn't care enough to fix
something its a good idea to examine if its something that really needs
fixing.

    -Mike