Improving wiki localization

Samuel Bizien samuel-bizien at club-internet.fr
Mon Jun 25 19:13:51 UTC 2007

Le lundi 25 juin 2007 à 12:00 -0700, Karsten Wade a écrit :
> Maybe we offer it as a practice suggestion/guideline.  "One way to help
> keep track of your translated pages is to add CategoryLang$LANG to the
> bottom of the page.  This helps you make sure that no pages are
> forgotten after being translated, so they can be linked in to the
> per-language table of contents."
>
> BTW, side note ... I'm sorry that you all have to translate directly
> into the Wiki.  IMO, you are heroes for the effort alone.  My hope is
> that some of the systems being worked on right now are going to give us
> a way to yank strings from the Wiki pages, put them in POT files, and
> make this part of the regular tools.
Don't be sorry... Wiki is a great tool for team work: we can test, try,
and correct pages unlimitedly. Within french team, we're defining
guidelines to translate and correct french wiki pages: tools provided by
wiki are really useful for us. And no one is alone, in the translation
team, there's a strong "team spirit" :-) .

Samuel.